Morning Service: Philemon 1-2.
In the introduction to his letter to Philemon, Paul uses 5 terms to help us understand the fullness and completeness of being a Christian
1. Prisoner for Jesus Christ, Christians can expect persecution
2. Beloved: they are loved by God and other Christians with self-giving, self-sacrificing, constant and costly love.
3. Fellow workers, Christians work together in Jesus kingdom
4. Fellow soldiers, Christians fight spiritual battles together
5. Belong to a local congregation
Matthew was a tax-collector in the days of Jesus when the Romans rules Israel. Tax-collectors working for the Romans were hated. In spite of being a wealthy man he accepts Jesus' call to follow him and leave it all behind. He faithfully followed Jesus and wrote "Matthew" one of the Bible accounts of Jesus' life.
Evening Service: "Proverbs 4:16 - the heart".
The heart is the part of us from whic come thoughts emotions and actions. Polluted by sin human hearts are deceitfully wicked and deceive us into going against God. In the Good News about Jesus is forgiveness and strength is given to live with God's wisdom in his creation.
Maescanner Chapel Blog
Next Sunday 22nd Sept @ 10.30 am
Proverbs: The Name of the LORD is a strong tower
10 - 11.30am
Tea, Coffee, Chat (Thought For The Day)
Explore the Bible,
Explore the Bible, Luke 14
@ 1.45 pm
Short Informal Service
(normally twice / month,
first and third Monday).
9th October @ 2.30pm
Details to follow