In November, Llanelli Rural Council’s Community Development Grants Panel has distributed the community grant budget of £20,000 for 2013/14. The fund supports community groups and organisations based in the Council’s administrative area, made up of the following villages and communities: Bynea, Cwmbach, Cynheidre, Dafen, Felinfoel, Five Roads, Furnace, Llwynhendy, Ponthenri, Pontyates, Pwll, Sandy and Swiss Valley.
Dafen Forum and Dafen Welfare Hall Committee have each received a share of the pot, with £1,662.00 towards the cost of running Dafen Christmas Fair (Dafen Forum) and £1,638.62 for equipment and storage, applied for by the Welfare Committee.
Other organisations and projects in the administrative area benefitting this year are:
• Felinfoel Family Centre – Christmas Wonderland and Fayre £1,787.00
• Felinfoel Senior Citizens Group – Communication Equipment £ 266.95
• Furnace Gardening Club – Annual Gardening and Craft Show £ 280.00
• Llanelli Community Heritage – Gelli Historical Trail £2,295.00
• Llanelli Ramblers – Festival of Walks £ 600.00
• Pwll Action Committee – The Bônau Cabbage Patch Magazine £2,000.00
• Pwll Recreation Ground Development Committee – Christmas Party £ 537.81
• The Academy of Creative Arts – ‘How to be Awesome’ £4,398.97
• Trallwm Youth Group – Equipment and Suppliers £3,667.65
• Tyr Gelli Young at Heart – Gardening Shed £ 866.00
Cllr Giles Morgan, Leader of Council, said “we are, once again, delighted to support many groups and organisations that will provide community based projects. It is unlikely that these projects would have gone ahead without the Council’s financial support”.
Dafen Weather Forecast